主题

帖子

2万

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2019-11-15 11:50:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
文学阅读与欣赏 作业02(第4-6单元)A

The total marks for this assignment are 100 points. Time allowed for completing this assignment is 1 hour (60 minutes). PLEASE WRITE ALL YOUR ANSWERS ON THE ANSWER SHEET.
题目
           (1)、

Instructions:Here is a short poem “An Irish Airman Foresees His Death” by W.B. Yeats, chosen from Unit 4. Read the poem carefully, then paraphrase the underlined parts and answer the questions that follow.

An Irish Airman Foresees His Death

(1)I know that I shall meet my fate

Somewhere among the clouds above;

(2)Those that fight I do not hate,

Those that I guard I do not love;

My country is Kiltartan Cross,

My countrymen Kiltartan’s poor,

No likely end could bring them loss Or leave them happier than before.

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,

Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,

A lonely impulse of delight

Drove to this tumult in the clouds;

I balanced all, brought all to mind,

The years to come seemed waste of breath,

A waste of breath the years behind

In balance with this life, this death.

Questions:

3. What’s the rhyme scheme of the first four lines of the poem?

4. What is the Irish airman’s attitude towards the war he fought?

5. Yeats described war directly in this poem. Please identify at least 3 words about war in the poem.

(2)、

Instructions:Read an excerpt of a drama and answer the questions that follow.

Ⅰ:Oh, please don’t get up, Mr. Crawley. I was just wondering if you meant what you said the other day about showing me the run of things.

Frank:Of course, I did,

Ⅰ:What are you doing now?

Frank:Notifying all the tenants that in celebration of Maxim’s return, with his bride, this week’s rent will be free.

Ⅰ:Oh, was that Maxim’s idea? Frank:Oh, yes. All the servants get an extra week’s wages, too. Ⅰ:He didn’t tell me. Oh can’t I help you? I could at least lick the stamps.

Frank:That’s terribly nice of you. Won’t you sit down?

Ⅰ:Oh yes, thank you. I was down at the cottage on the beach the other day, and there was a man there, a queer sort of person Jasper kept barking at him.

Frank:Oh, yes--must have been Ben, he’s quite harmless. We give him odd jobs now and then.

Ⅰ:That cottage place seems to be going to rack and ruin. Why isn’t something done about it?

Frank:Oh, I think if Maxim wanted anything done about it, he’d tell me.

Ⅰ:Are those all Rebecca’s things down there?

Frank:Yes, yes they are.

Ⅰ:What did she use the cottage for?

Frank:The boat used to be moored near there.

Ⅰ:What boat? What happened to it? Was that the boat she was crying in when she was drowned?

Frank:Yes, it capsized and sank. She was washed overboard.

Ⅰ:Wasn’t she afraid to go out like that, alone?

Frank:She wasn’t afraid of anything.

Ⅰ:Where did they find her?

Frank:Near Edgecomber, about forty miles up channel, about two months afterwards. Maxim went up to identify her. It was horrible for him.

Ⅰ:Yes, it must have been, Mr. Crawley, please don’t think me morbidly curious-it isn’t that. It’s just that I feel at such a disadvantage. All the time, whenever meet anyone Maxim’s sister, even the servants, I know they’re all thinking the same thing. They’re all comparing me with her, Rebecca.

Frank:Oh, you mustn’t think that. I can’t tell you how glad I am that you married Maxim. It’s going to make all the difference to his life. And from my point of view it’s very refreshing to find someone like yourself who is not entirely-er-in tune, shall we say, with Manderley.

Questions:

1.Who do you think the main character of the writing is?

2.What do you think is the setting for the above conversation?

3.What (if any) was the relationship between "I" and "Frank"?

4.What importance/significance could Ben and the cottage have in relation to Rebecca?

5.What do you think was the purpose of the author in writing the above conversation in the first person point of view "I"?

6.How could the story develop based on what you have read? Please write approximately 50 words.

7.Write a sentence to describe each of the following characters: “Rebecca”; “I” and “Maxim”.

作业附件
Marking Criteria
answer sheet
作业提交
说明:在作业提交时间截止日期前,作业可以多次提交,但只保留最后一次提交的作业为正式作业,请下载answer sheet将作业答在答题纸上再上传。
上传文件并保存作业

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

• 价格公开

• 优质服务