帖子

2万

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2019-3-30 15:30:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
一、完型填空 (共10题,30.0分)
点击后给该试题增加标记 1、
Culture shock isn’t a clinical term or medical condition. It’s simply a common way to describe the confusing and nervous feelings a person may have after leaving a 61 culture to live in a new and different culture. When you move to a new place, you’re 62 to face a lot of changes. That can be 63 and stimulating, but it can also be overwhelming. You may feel 64, anxious, frustrated, and want to go 65.
It’s natural to have difficulty 66 a new culture. People from other cultures (whom you''ll be hanging out with and going to school with) may have grown up with 67 and beliefs that differ from yours. Because of these 68, the things they talk about, the ways they express themselves, and the importance of various ideas may be very different from what you are 69 to. But the good news is that culture shock is 70.
1、 61
family
female
familiar
festival
标准答案 :C
2、 62
bound
used
gotten
liked
标准答案 :A
3、
excited
exciting
painful
pleased
标准答案 :B
4、 64
satisfied
happy
sad
comfortable
5、 65
abroad
to school
shopping
home
标准答案 :D
6、 66
adjusting to
adjust to
used to
using to
7、 67
worth
faith
values
systems
8、 68
differences
conflicts
competition
corporation
8、 69
ordered
used
. meant
taught
9、 70
everlasting
twinkling
eternal
temporary
点击后给该试题增加标记 2、
Enough sleep is important to health. The amount of sleep 61 depends on the age of the person and the conditions in which sleep takes place. The young may need more sleep than the old, but 62 eight hours are enough for the health of grown-ups. Some can do with less than this amount but 63 may need more. Every person knows his own need. It is then a matter of how to satisfy it. Sleep should be always enough to make one relaxed and ready for 64 work.
Fresh air is 65 to sound sleep. It is not without reason for some people to insist that it is practical to sleep in the open air 66 a person can keep himself warm, out of door sleeping probably gives the body a most complete relaxation.
Ability to sleep is largely a habit. The conditions referred to only lead to sleep. Out-of-door 67, a good habit of regular drinking and the avoidance of late eating and 68 are all helpful to sound sleep. Such factors are largely within the control of any person. A bath at 69, neither hot nor cold but of body temperature, may be helpful to sleep. Sleeping pills should never be taken except when suggested by 70.
1、 61
wished
expected
needed
wanted
2、 62
seldom
sometimes
always
generally
3、
children
women
man
few
4、 64
hard
his own
a day’s
good
5、 65
necessary
able
. no good
best
6、 66
As
. where
Unless
when
7、 67
walks
exercises
trips
housework
8、 68
worry
fear
carelessness
hard work
9、 69
any time
bed time
midnight
lunch time
10、 70
the sleeper
a doctor
a child
parents
点击后给该试题增加标记 3、
Football is, I suppose, the most popular game in England: one has only to go to one of the important matches to see 61. Rich and poor, young and old, one can see them all there, shouting and cheering for one side or 62.
One of the most 63 things about football in England to a stranger is the 64 knowledge of game which even the smallest boy 65 to have. He can tell you the names of the players in 66  of the important teams, he has photographs of them and knows the 67 of large numbers of matches. He will tell you, with a great air of 68, who he expects will win such and such a match, and his opinion is 69 as valuable as 70 of men three or four times his age.
1、 61
this
these
them
those
2、 62
another
other
the other
others
3、 63
surprising
surprised
terrifying
terrified
4、
major
extreme
giant
great
5、 65
is
seem
ought
has
6、 66
few
most
every
each
7、 67
effects
consequences
decisions
results
8、 68
power
right
authority
authorities
9、 69
usually
rarely
seldom
never
10、 70
these
one
this
that
点击后给该试题增加标记 4、
A good 61 is better than a fortune, for a fortune cannot 62 those elements of character which make companionship a blessing. The best companion is one who is 63 and better than ourselves, for we are inspired 64 his wisdom and virtue(美德)to nobler deeds.
“65 good company, and you shall be one of the number,” said George Herbert. “A man is known by the company he keeps.” Character makes character in the associations of life faster than anything 66. This fact makes the 67 of companions in early life more important even than that of teachers and guardians
Companionship is education, good or bad; it develops manhood or womanhood, high or 68; it lifts the soul upward or drags it downward; it ministers to virtue or vice(恶行).Sow virtue, and the 69 will be virtue. Sow vice, and the harvest will be vice. Good companionships help us to sow virtue; 70 companionships help us to sow vice.
1、 61
company
accompany
companion
companionship.
2、 62
purchase
chase
merchant
pursuit
3、 63
worse
wider
wiser
clever
4、
of
for
with
by
5、 65
Take
Get
Keep
Form
6、 66
other
else
rather
another
7、 67
search
goal
path
choice
8、 68
tall
low
deep
long
9、 69
harvest
result
end
aim
10、 70
devil
better
wise
evil
点击后给该试题增加标记 5、
A woman saw three old men sitting in her front yard. She said, “I don’t think I know you, but you 61 be hungry. Please come in and have something to eat.” “We do not go into a house together,” they said. “Why is that?” She wanted to know.
One of the old men explained, “His name is Wealth, this is Success, and I am Love.” There he 62, “Now go in and discuss with your husband which one of us you want in your home.” Then the woman went in and told her husband 63was said.
Her husband said, “Let’s invite Wealth. Let him come and fill our home 64 wealth.” His wife 65, “My dear, why don’t we invite Success?” Then the daughter made a 66, “Would it better to invite Love? Our home will be then filled with love!” “Let’s 67 our daughter’s advice,” said the father.
So the woman went out and asked, “Which one of you is Love? Please come in and be our guest.” Love got up and started walking toward the house. The 68 two also got up and followed him. 69, the lady asked Wealth and Success, “I only invited Love. Why are you coming in?”
The old men replied together, “If you had invited Wealth or Success, the other two of us would have stayed out, but since you invited Love, 70 he goes, we go with him. Wherever there is Love, there are also Wealth and Success!”
1、 61
can
would
must
could
2、 62
added
talked
spoke
told
3、 62
that
all
it
what
4、 64
in
of
with
on
5、 65
disagreed
agreed
accepted
denied
6、 66
decision
suggestion
claim
word
7、 67
want
keep
give
take
8、
others
another
different
other
9、 69
Surprising
Surprised
Unsurprising
Unsurprised
10、 70
wherever
when
whenever
however
点击后给该试题增加标记 6、
The fourth Thursday in November is called Thanksgiving Day (感恩节). 61 this day, families and friends gather together, 62 a meal, and give thanks for the blessings of good health, food, jobs, and families.
    In 1620, a group of Pilgrims(清教徒)left from England to search for 63 freedom, part of whom were Protestants(新教徒).And they 64 to America on a small sailboat named the Mayflower finally. And they 65 at what is now Plymouth, Massachusetts (普利茅斯,马萨诸塞州), in icy November. The price in human lives and tragedy had been great. 66 the other hand, they saw new hope for the future. The first 67 Thanksgiving in America took place in Plymouth colony (殖民地), Massachusetts in October 1621.Thanksgiving did not become a national holiday 68 1863 during the American Civil War.
   In the United States, thanksgiving dinner is practically the same all over the country. The table is always loaded with delicious food of many different kinds. Naturally, the main course is turkey (a bird 69 to the Americans), with an array of vegetables and desserts. Pumpkin pie is often served in remembrance 70 the first settlers.
1、 61
For
On
From
By
2、 62
shape
shame
shave
3、 63
religion
region
religious
regional
4、 64
shipped
boated
swam
sailed
5、 65
landed
reached
got
settled
6、 66
By
At
On
In
7、 67
official
government
office
unofficial
8、 68
in
until
till
after
9、 69
born
live
native
natural
10、 70
with
for
to
of
点击后给该试题增加标记 7、
There are several ways you can find out about the countries and places you wish to visit. You can talk to friends who 61 to the places, or you can go and see a colour film about them, 62  you can read travel books.
It would seem that there are three kinds of travel books. The first are those that give a personal, 63 account of travel which the author has actually made himself. If they are informative and have a good index, 64 they can be useful to you when you are planning your travel. The second kind are those books 65 purpose is to give a purely objective description of things to be done and seen. If a 66, cultured person has written such a book, then it is even more useful. It can be classified as a selective guide book. The third kind are those books which are called a “guide” 67 some place or other. If they are good, they will, in addition to their factual information, be given a 68 or an interpretation. Like the first kind, they can be inspiring and entertaining, but their primary function is to 69 the reader who wishes to plan in the most practical way.
Whatever kind of travel book you choose, you must make sure that it does not describe everything as marvelous, fabulous or magical. You 70 also note its date of publication, because travel is a very practical affair and many things change quickly in the 20th century. Finally you should make sure that the contents are well-presented and easy to find.
1、 61
travel
have travelled
will travel
were travelling
2、 62
and
or
but
so
3、 63
abstract
academic
objective
subjective
4、 64
yet
then
. likewise
otherwise
5、 65
that
what
which
whose
6、 66
well-read
well-intentioned
well-chosen
well-spoken
7、 67
. at
in
by
to
8、 68
outline
account
analysis
understanding
9、 69
resist
insist
assist
persist
10、 70
may
can
will
must
点击后给该试题增加标记 8、
We lived in the country 61 a nearby lake. I did not like to be at home. When my parents were home, my mother just yelled and criticized because nothing was ever 62 in her life. She dreamed of a different life but she ended up living in the country far away from the city where she believed her dreams would have 63.
I enjoyed hanging out by the water. I would sit there for hours and 64 my reflection. There I was, looking nothing like a pretty ballerina dancer. 65 don''t lie. Once the waves would come, my reflection was gone. Washed 66 just like my dream to dance.
As I grew older, I began to realize that the reason my dream was even born, was because it was something that was 67 of me. The dream I had was never nurtured and 68, so it slowly died. It’s not that I wanted it to die, but I allowed it to die the day I started 69 the words, “You can’t do it.” When I finally 70 from many years of dreaming, I realized that you can’t settle for dancing in the wildflowers, you have to move on to the platform.
1、 61
on
by
at
within
2、 62
unhappy
sad
bad
perfect
3、 63
realized
come true
gone
come about
4、 64
stare at
look at
see
watch
5、 65
Dancers
Waves
Reflections
Dreams
6、 66
with
away
off
up
7、 67
outside
out
in
inside
8、 68
cared for
cared of
took care
cared in
9、 69
reading
speaking
writing
listening to
10、 70
woke up
stood up
looked up
got up
点击后给该试题增加标记 9、
Older people must be given more chances to learn if they are to contribute to society rather than be a financial burden, according to a new study on population published recently.
The current people approach which 61 on younger people and on skills for employment is not adequate to meet the challenges of demographic (人口结构的) change, it says. Only 1% of the education budget is 62spent on the oldest third of the population.
The challenges include the fact that most people can expect to spend a third of their lives in  63, that there are now more people over 59 than under 16 and that 11.3 million people are over state pension age.
“64 needs to continue throughout life. Our historic concentration of policy attention and resource on young people cannot meet the new 65,” says the report’s author, Professor Stephen McNair.
The major portion of our education budget is spent on people below the age of twenty-five. 66 people are changing their jobs, homes, partners and lifestyles more often than 67 they need opportunities to learn at every age. For example, some people are starting new careers in their 50s and later.
People need opportunities to make a “midlife review” to 68to the later stage of employed life, and to plan for the smooth transition(过渡)to retirement, which may now happen 69 at any point from 50 to over 90, says McNair.
And there should be more money available to support people in establishing a 70 of identity and finding constructive roles for the “third age”, the 20 or more years they will spend in healthy retired life.
1、 61
operates
focuses
counts
depends
2、 62
currently
barely
anxiously
heavily
3、 63
enjoyment
retirement
stability
inability
4、 64
Identifying
Learning
Instructing
Practicing
5、 65
desires
realms
needs
intentions
6、 66
When
Until
Whether
Before
7、 67
previously
formerly
8、 68
transform
yield
adjust
suit
9、 69
unfairly
unpredictably
instantly
indirectly
10、 70
sense
conscience
project
definition
点击后给该试题增加标记 10、
How to love 61 English? Talk to people 62 English. This is a very simple method, but it is very 63. You usually talk about things 64 interest you. But the opposite is true, too. If you start talking about a boring subject, you will begin to get 65 in it.
Imagine that you hate studying English. You have two 66: you can tell everybody how much you are suffering 67 you can tell those people about the things you''ve learned. If you choose the 68 option, you will only feel worse. If you choose the second option, and start a conversation on the "boring" subject, you will begin to look at it 69 a totally different way. Suddenly it will become a subject worth 70 about-therefore, an interesting subject.
1、 61
learn
learning
learned
to learn
2、 62
in
for
about
by
3、 63
effectively
effect
effects
effective
4、 64
which
what
they
how
5、
interest
interested
interesting
to interest
6、 66
thoughts
methods
options
thinking
7、 67
and
either
unless
or
8、 68
one
second
first
two
9、 69
with
in
on
by
10、 70
talking
to talk
talked
talk
点击后给该试题增加标记 1、
Culture shock isn’t a clinical term or medical condition. It’s simply a common way to describe the confusing and nervous feelings a person may have after leaving a 61 culture to live in a new and different culture. When you move to a new place, you’re 62 to face a lot of changes. That can be 63 and stimulating, but it can also be overwhelming. You may feel 64, anxious, frustrated, and want to go 65.
It’s natural to have difficulty 66 a new culture. People from other cultures (whom you''ll be hanging out with and going to school with) may have grown up with 67 and beliefs that differ from yours. Because of these 68, the things they talk about, the ways they express themselves, and the importance of various ideas may be very different from what you are 69 to. But the good news is that culture shock is 70.
1、 61
family
female
familiar
festival
2、 62
bound
used
gotten
liked
3、
excited
exciting
painful
pleased
4、 64
satisfied
happy
sad
comfortable
5、 65
abroad
to school
shopping
home
6、 66
adjusting to
adjust to
used to
using to
7、 67
worth
faith
values
systems
8、 68
differences
conflicts
competition
corporation
8、 69
ordered
used
. meant
taught
9、 70
everlasting
twinkling
eternal
temporary
点击后给该试题增加标记 2、
Enough sleep is important to health. The amount of sleep 61 depends on the age of the person and the conditions in which sleep takes place. The young may need more sleep than the old, but 62 eight hours are enough for the health of grown-ups. Some can do with less than this amount but 63 may need more. Every person knows his own need. It is then a matter of how to satisfy it. Sleep should be always enough to make one relaxed and ready for 64 work.
Fresh air is 65 to sound sleep. It is not without reason for some people to insist that it is practical to sleep in the open air 66 a person can keep himself warm, out of door sleeping probably gives the body a most complete relaxation.
Ability to sleep is largely a habit. The conditions referred to only lead to sleep. Out-of-door 67, a good habit of regular drinking and the avoidance of late eating and 68 are all helpful to sound sleep. Such factors are largely within the control of any person. A bath at 69, neither hot nor cold but of body temperature, may be helpful to sleep. Sleeping pills should never be taken except when suggested by 70.
1、 61
wished
expected
needed
wanted
2、 62
seldom
sometimes
always
generally
3、
children
women
man
few
4、 64
hard
his own
a day’s
good
5、 65
necessary
able
. no good
best
6、 66
As
. where
Unless
when
7、 67
walks
exercises
trips
housework
8、 68
worry
fear
carelessness
hard work
9、 69
any time
bed time
midnight
lunch time
10、 70
the sleeper
a doctor
a child
parents
点击后给该试题增加标记 3、
Football is, I suppose, the most popular game in England: one has only to go to one of the important matches to see 61. Rich and poor, young and old, one can see them all there, shouting and cheering for one side or 62.
One of the most 63 things about football in England to a stranger is the 64 knowledge of game which even the smallest boy 65 to have. He can tell you the names of the players in 66  of the important teams, he has photographs of them and knows the 67 of large numbers of matches. He will tell you, with a great air of 68, who he expects will win such and such a match, and his opinion is 69 as valuable as 70 of men three or four times his age.
1、 61
this
these
them
those
2、 62
another
other
the other
others
3、 63
surprising
surprised
terrifying
terrified
4、
major
extreme
giant
great
5、 65
is
seem
ought
has
6、 66
few
most
every
each
7、 67
effects
consequences
decisions
results
8、 68
power
right
authority
authorities
9、 69
usually
rarely
seldom
never
10、 70
these
one
this
that
点击后给该试题增加标记 4、
A good 61 is better than a fortune, for a fortune cannot 62 those elements of character which make companionship a blessing. The best companion is one who is 63 and better than ourselves, for we are inspired 64 his wisdom and virtue(美德)to nobler deeds.
“65 good company, and you shall be one of the number,” said George Herbert. “A man is known by the company he keeps.” Character makes character in the associations of life faster than anything 66. This fact makes the 67 of companions in early life more important even than that of teachers and guardians
Companionship is education, good or bad; it develops manhood or womanhood, high or 68; it lifts the soul upward or drags it downward; it ministers to virtue or vice(恶行).Sow virtue, and the 69 will be virtue. Sow vice, and the harvest will be vice. Good companionships help us to sow virtue; 70 companionships help us to sow vice.
1、 61
company
accompany
companion
companionship.
2、 62
purchase
chase
merchant
pursuit
3、 63
worse
wider
wiser
clever
4、
of
for
with
by
5、 65
Take
Get
Keep
Form
6、 66
other
else
rather
another
7、 67
search
goal
path
choice
8、 68
tall
low
deep
long
9、 69
harvest
result
end
aim
10、 70
devil
better
wise
evil
点击后给该试题增加标记 5、
A woman saw three old men sitting in her front yard. She said, “I don’t think I know you, but you 61 be hungry. Please come in and have something to eat.” “We do not go into a house together,” they said. “Why is that?” She wanted to know.
One of the old men explained, “His name is Wealth, this is Success, and I am Love.” There he 62, “Now go in and discuss with your husband which one of us you want in your home.” Then the woman went in and told her husband 63was said.
Her husband said, “Let’s invite Wealth. Let him come and fill our home 64 wealth.” His wife 65, “My dear, why don’t we invite Success?” Then the daughter made a 66, “Would it better to invite Love? Our home will be then filled with love!” “Let’s 67 our daughter’s advice,” said the father.
So the woman went out and asked, “Which one of you is Love? Please come in and be our guest.” Love got up and started walking toward the house. The 68 two also got up and followed him. 69, the lady asked Wealth and Success, “I only invited Love. Why are you coming in?”
The old men replied together, “If you had invited Wealth or Success, the other two of us would have stayed out, but since you invited Love, 70 he goes, we go with him. Wherever there is Love, there are also Wealth and Success!”
1、 61
can
would
must
could
2、 62
added
talked
spoke
told
3、 62
that
all
it
what
4、 64
in
of
with
on
5、 65
disagreed
agreed
accepted
denied
6、 66
decision
suggestion
claim
word
7、 67
want
keep
give
take
8、
others
another
different
other
9、 69
Surprising
Surprised
Unsurprising
Unsurprised
10、 70
wherever
when
whenever
however
点击后给该试题增加标记 6、
The fourth Thursday in November is called Thanksgiving Day (感恩节). 61 this day, families and friends gather together, 62 a meal, and give thanks for the blessings of good health, food, jobs, and families.
    In 1620, a group of Pilgrims(清教徒)left from England to search for 63 freedom, part of whom were Protestants(新教徒).And they 64 to America on a small sailboat named the Mayflower finally. And they 65 at what is now Plymouth, Massachusetts (普利茅斯,马萨诸塞州), in icy November. The price in human lives and tragedy had been great. 66 the other hand, they saw new hope for the future. The first 67 Thanksgiving in America took place in Plymouth colony (殖民地), Massachusetts in October 1621.Thanksgiving did not become a national holiday 68 1863 during the American Civil War.
   In the United States, thanksgiving dinner is practically the same all over the country. The table is always loaded with delicious food of many different kinds. Naturally, the main course is turkey (a bird 69 to the Americans), with an array of vegetables and desserts. Pumpkin pie is often served in remembrance 70 the first settlers.
1、 61
For
On
From
By
2、 62
shape
shame
shave
3、 63
religion
region
religious
regional
4、 64
shipped
boated
swam
sailed
5、 65
landed
reached
got
settled
6、 66
By
At
On
In
7、 67
official
government
office
unofficial
8、 68
in
until
till
after
9、 69
born
live
native
natural
10、 70
with
for
to
of
点击后给该试题增加标记 7、
There are several ways you can find out about the countries and places you wish to visit. You can talk to friends who 61 to the places, or you can go and see a colour film about them, 62  you can read travel books.
It would seem that there are three kinds of travel books. The first are those that give a personal, 63 account of travel which the author has actually made himself. If they are informative and have a good index, 64 they can be useful to you when you are planning your travel. The second kind are those books 65 purpose is to give a purely objective description of things to be done and seen. If a 66, cultured person has written such a book, then it is even more useful. It can be classified as a selective guide book. The third kind are those books which are called a “guide” 67 some place or other. If they are good, they will, in addition to their factual information, be given a 68 or an interpretation. Like the first kind, they can be inspiring and entertaining, but their primary function is to 69 the reader who wishes to plan in the most practical way.
Whatever kind of travel book you choose, you must make sure that it does not describe everything as marvelous, fabulous or magical. You 70 also note its date of publication, because travel is a very practical affair and many things change quickly in the 20th century. Finally you should make sure that the contents are well-presented and easy to find.
1、 61
travel
have travelled
will travel
were travelling
2、 62
and
or
but
so
3、 63
abstract
academic
objective
subjective
4、 64
yet
then
. likewise
otherwise
5、 65
that
what
which
whose
6、 66
well-read
well-intentioned
well-chosen
well-spoken
7、 67
. at
in
by
to
8、 68
outline
account
analysis
understanding
9、 69
resist
insist
assist
persist
10、 70
may
can
will
must
点击后给该试题增加标记 8、
We lived in the country 61 a nearby lake. I did not like to be at home. When my parents were home, my mother just yelled and criticized because nothing was ever 62 in her life. She dreamed of a different life but she ended up living in the country far away from the city where she believed her dreams would have 63.
I enjoyed hanging out by the water. I would sit there for hours and 64 my reflection. There I was, looking nothing like a pretty ballerina dancer. 65 don''t lie. Once the waves would come, my reflection was gone. Washed 66 just like my dream to dance.
As I grew older, I began to realize that the reason my dream was even born, was because it was something that was 67 of me. The dream I had was never nurtured and 68, so it slowly died. It’s not that I wanted it to die, but I allowed it to die the day I started 69 the words, “You can’t do it.” When I finally 70 from many years of dreaming, I realized that you can’t settle for dancing in the wildflowers, you have to move on to the platform.
1、 61
on
by
at
within
2、 62
unhappy
sad
bad
perfect
3、 63
realized
come true
gone
come about
4、 64
stare at
look at
see
watch
5、 65
Dancers
Waves
Reflections
Dreams
6、 66
with
away
off
up
7、 67
outside
out
in
inside
8、 68
cared for
cared of
took care
cared in
9、 69
reading
speaking
writing
listening to
10、 70
woke up
stood up
looked up
got up
点击后给该试题增加标记 9、
Older people must be given more chances to learn if they are to contribute to society rather than be a financial burden, according to a new study on population published recently.
The current people approach which 61 on younger people and on skills for employment is not adequate to meet the challenges of demographic (人口结构的) change, it says. Only 1% of the education budget is 62spent on the oldest third of the population.
The challenges include the fact that most people can expect to spend a third of their lives in  63, that there are now more people over 59 than under 16 and that 11.3 million people are over state pension age.
“64 needs to continue throughout life. Our historic concentration of policy attention and resource on young people cannot meet the new 65,” says the report’s author, Professor Stephen McNair.
The major portion of our education budget is spent on people below the age of twenty-five. 66 people are changing their jobs, homes, partners and lifestyles more often than 67 they need opportunities to learn at every age. For example, some people are starting new careers in their 50s and later.
People need opportunities to make a “midlife review” to 68to the later stage of employed life, and to plan for the smooth transition(过渡)to retirement, which may now happen 69 at any point from 50 to over 90, says McNair.
And there should be more money available to support people in establishing a 70 of identity and finding constructive roles for the “third age”, the 20 or more years they will spend in healthy retired life.
1、 61
operates
focuses
counts
depends
2、 62
currently
barely
anxiously
heavily
3、 63
enjoyment
retirement
stability
inability
4、 64
Identifying
Learning
Instructing
Practicing
5、 65
desires
realms
needs
intentions
6、 66
When
Until
Whether
Before
7、 67
previously
formerly
8、 68
transform
yield
adjust
suit
9、 69
unfairly
unpredictably
instantly
indirectly
10、 70
sense
conscience
project
definition
点击后给该试题增加标记 10、
How to love 61 English? Talk to people 62 English. This is a very simple method, but it is very 63. You usually talk about things 64 interest you. But the opposite is true, too. If you start talking about a boring subject, you will begin to get 65 in it.
Imagine that you hate studying English. You have two 66: you can tell everybody how much you are suffering 67 you can tell those people about the things you''ve learned. If you choose the 68 option, you will only feel worse. If you choose the second option, and start a conversation on the "boring" subject, you will begin to look at it 69 a totally different way. Suddenly it will become a subject worth 70 about-therefore, an interesting subject.
1、 61
learn
learning
learned
to learn
2、 62
in
for
about
by
3、 63
effectively
effect
effects
effective
4、 64
which
what
they
how
5、
interest
interested
interesting
to interest
6、 66
thoughts
methods
options
thinking
7、 67
and
either
unless
or
8、 68
one
second
first
two
9、 69
with
in
on
by
10、 70
talking
to talk
talked
talk

分享到:  QQ好友和群 微信
收藏0 淘帖0
答案下载相关问题可以参考帮助中心说明。
回复
举报

张老师
张老师
当前离线 发消息查看详细资料积分12091
* 2# *
楼主| 发表于 2018-11-17 00:44:31 | 只看该作者

二、词汇与结构 (共30题,30.0分)
1、—Would you like a cup of tea or a glass of wine?
—_____will do, but cola is_____popular with me.
Neither, not.
Both, more.
Either, the most
All, the most.
2、—Who told you?
—Oh, somebody or other, I’ve forgotten_____.
what.
when.
which
who.
3、_____ you follow her talk?
Can
Should
Have
Were
4、In 1950, the place where his mother had been buried was finally discovered, marked only by_____, on a simple stone.
a 45-number
the number 45rd.
the number 45.
the 45 number.
5、The bookshelf over there is _____.
Mary’s and Jane’s
Mary’s and Jane
Mary and Jane’s
Mary and Jane
6、_____has any common sense can tell the difference between the two.
Who.
Whoever.
Anyone.
Who ever
7、You can have_____try if you fail_____time.
the second, the first.
a second, a first.
the second, a first
a second, the first.
8、—Oh, how fat she is!
—But I think she is_____than fat.
short.
shorter.
more short.
shortest.
9、Tom has brains. In fact, I doubt whether anyone in the class has_____IQ.
a high
a higher
the higher
the highest
10、_____of the land in the district_____covered with snow
Two fifth, is.
Two fifth, are.
Two fifths, is
Two fifths, are
11、The doorkeeper gave the alarm_____he saw the fire.
while
the instant.
suddenly.
before
12、Be quiet_____you should wake the patient .
in case.
so that.
in order that.
when
13、Professor Smith has written some short stories, but he is_____known for his plays.
the best
more
better
the most
14、How beautifully she sings! I have never heard_____voice.
a better
a best.
the better
the best
15、I read about it in some book or other, does it matter_____it was?
where.
what
how
which
16、How cold it is! We’ve never had_____this winter.
the colder day
a cold day
the coldest day
a colder day
17、You are_____careful than your sister. You two can’t do the work that needs care and skill.
not more.
no more.
not less.
no less
18、_____with any common sense can tell the difference between the two.
Who.
Whoever
Anyone
Who ever
19、—How many pens would you like, sir?
—Well, I want_____of these.
two dozen.
two dozen of.
two dozens
two dozens of
20、Someone called me up in the middle of the night, but they hung up_____I could answer the phone.
as
since.
until
before
21、The dictionary is really useful. Every boy and girl _____it and they each _____to buy one
like, want.
likes, wants.
likes, want.
like, wants.
22、E-mail, as well as mobile phone,_____an important part in daily communication.
is playing
have played.
are playing.
hoped
23、—Would you please find a world map which is drawn to a scale of_____.
—Yes, sir. Here you are.
one out of ten thousand.
one in ten thousands.
one to ten thousand.
one of ten thousands.
24、Everyone knows that Russia is larger than _____country in Asia.
any
any other.
other.
another.
25、China is larger than_____country in Asia.
any.
any other.
other
another
26、The lecture began before we _____.
were seating
were seated
were sit
seated
27、—What do you think of them?
—I don’t know_____is better, so I’ve taken_____of them.
what, both.
what, none.
which, both
which, none
28、_____people in the world are sending information by E-mail every day.
Tens of thousands of.
Ten thousands of
Several millions.
Many million.
29、Father asked me to take more food and water_____something unexpected should happen.
in case
so that.
in order that.
when
30、Some of the members were late for the conference, but I can’t remember _____.
what.
when.
which.
whom.
1、—Would you like a cup of tea or a glass of wine?
—_____will do, but cola is_____popular with me.
Neither, not.
Both, more.
Either, the most
All, the most.
2、—Who told you?
—Oh, somebody or other, I’ve forgotten_____.
what.
when.
which
who.
3、_____ you follow her talk?
Can
Should
Have
Were
4、In 1950, the place where his mother had been buried was finally discovered, marked only by_____, on a simple stone.
a 45-number
the number 45rd.
the number 45.
the 45 number.
5、The bookshelf over there is _____.
Mary’s and Jane’s
Mary’s and Jane
Mary and Jane’s
Mary and Jane
6、_____has any common sense can tell the difference between the two.
Who.
Whoever.
Anyone.
Who ever
7、You can have_____try if you fail_____time.
the second, the first.
a second, a first.
the second, a first
a second, the first.
8、—Oh, how fat she is!
—But I think she is_____than fat.
short.
shorter.
more short.
shortest.
9、Tom has brains. In fact, I doubt whether anyone in the class has_____IQ.
a high
a higher
the higher
the highest
10、_____of the land in the district_____covered with snow
Two fifth, is.
Two fifth, are.
Two fifths, is
Two fifths, are
11、The doorkeeper gave the alarm_____he saw the fire.
while
the instant.
suddenly.
before
12、Be quiet_____you should wake the patient .
in case.
so that.
in order that.
when
13、Professor Smith has written some short stories, but he is_____known for his plays.
the best
more
better
the most
14、How beautifully she sings! I have never heard_____voice.
a better
a best.
the better
the best
15、I read about it in some book or other, does it matter_____it was?
where.
what
how
which
16、How cold it is! We’ve never had_____this winter.
the colder day
a cold day
the coldest day
a colder day
17、You are_____careful than your sister. You two can’t do the work that needs care and skill.
not more.
no more.
not less.
no less
18、_____with any common sense can tell the difference between the two.
Who.
Whoever
Anyone
Who ever
19、—How many pens would you like, sir?
—Well, I want_____of these.
two dozen.
two dozen of.
two dozens
two dozens of
20、Someone called me up in the middle of the night, but they hung up_____I could answer the phone.
as
since.
until
before
21、The dictionary is really useful. Every boy and girl _____it and they each _____to buy one
like, want.
likes, wants.
likes, want.
like, wants.
22、E-mail, as well as mobile phone,_____an important part in daily communication.
is playing
have played.
are playing.
hoped
23、—Would you please find a world map which is drawn to a scale of_____.
—Yes, sir. Here you are.
one out of ten thousand.
one in ten thousands.
one to ten thousand.
one of ten thousands.
24、Everyone knows that Russia is larger than _____country in Asia.
any
any other.
other.
another.
25、China is larger than_____country in Asia.
any.
any other.
other
another
26、The lecture began before we _____.
were seating
were seated
were sit
seated
27、—What do you think of them?
—I don’t know_____is better, so I’ve taken_____of them.
what, both.
what, none.
which, both
which, none
28、_____people in the world are sending information by E-mail every day.
Tens of thousands of.
Ten thousands of
Several millions.
Many million.
29、Father asked me to take more food and water_____something unexpected should happen.
in case
so that.
in order that.
when
30、Some of the members were late for the conference, but I can’t remember _____.
what.
when.
which.
whom.

回复
举报

张老师
张老师
当前离线 发消息查看详细资料积分12091
* 3# *
楼主| 发表于 2018-11-17 00:45:58 | 只看该作者
底部的附件就是帖子内容的答案,需要可以下载
三、阅读理解 (共10题,20.0分)
1、
People today all over the world are beginning to hear and learn more and more about the problem of pollution. Pollution is caused either by the release of completely new and often man-made substances(物质) into the environment, or by releasing greatly increased amounts of a natural substance such as oil from oil tankers into the sea.

The whole industrial process, which makes many of the goods and machines we need and use in our daily lives, is bound to create a number of waste products which upset the environmental balance, or the ecological(生态的) balance as it is also known. Many of these waste products can be prevented or disposed of sensibly, but clearly while more and more new goods are produced and made complex, there will be new, dangerous wastes to be disposed of, for example, the waste products from nuclear power stations. Many people, therefore, see pollution as only part of a larger and more complex problem, that is, the whole process of industrial production and consumption of goods. Others again see the problem mainly in connection with agriculture, where new methods are helping farmers grow more and more on their land to feed our ever-increasing populations. However, the land itself is gradually becoming worn out as it is being used, in some cases, too heavily, and chemical fertilizers(肥料)cannot restore the balance.

1、The main cause of pollution is         .
the release of man-made and natural substances into the environment
the production of new industrial goods
increased amounts of a natural substance
our ever increasing population
2、The release of oil from oil tankers into the sea is ________.
the only source of pollution
a kind of pollution caused by the release of natural substances
of worldwide consequence
most harmful to mankind
3、What according to the passage will upset the environmental balance?
Waste products.
The whole industrial process.
Many of the goods.
Some machines we need and use in our daily life.
4、In the writer’s view, the more new goods, ________.
the less pollution we have
the harder pollution can be done away with
the more pollution there will be
the more easily pollution can be controlled
5、The waste products from nuclear power stations are ________.
new and complex
new and dangerous
hard to be disposed of
easy to be disposed of
2、
When I begin to look back on all friends whom I have had, I quickly came to the conclusion that Jerry was the most important and had the greatest effect upon my life. His family moved to my block when I was only 10. Jerry was 15 at the time, but the fact that he was so much older than me seemed to make no difference to him. I was very glad that he liked me. We took long walks together, on which he would tell me stories he had heard form TV and radio programs.

But as months went by, a change came into our friendship. Jerry almost stopped coming by the house, and every time I went to his house or telephoned, he put me off with some excuses such as “I’m studying now” or “I’ve got some jobs to do for Mum”. When we passed on the street, he would still give me a warm smile and friendly wave with a “Hi, kid”, but he would hardly ever stop to talk. Finally I realized that he was no longer interested in me and that his taste had changed. I noticed him with a girl once in a while and several times saw him going out in his family’s car on a Friday or Saturday night. I simply couldn’t understand what was so great about girls and parties.

But I was hurt when he finally made me know that our friendship was at an end. Of course he didn’t really mean to hurt me, but it was a long time before I realized that it was an age problem that caused the break. There were a world of differences between the ideas and interests of a 17-year-old and a 12-year-old. Now that I’m over sixteen myself, I realized this, and the hurt I got then has become happy memories of the good times we were once together. I wonder if millions of other boys and girls have had a similar experience.

1、When the writer and Jerry first met, Jerry was ______.
10 years old
5 years older than the writer
of the same age as the writer
the writer’s classmate
2、Their friendship lasted for ______.   
a few years
a few weeks
a few months
a few hours
2、The main idea of the passage is that ______.
the writer had changed
he was busy with his study
he has some jobs to do
he was not interested in the writer
2、When a change came in their friendship, the writer ______.
accepted it at once
couldn’t understand his friend for a long time
stopped visiting his friend
started going to parties with girls
5、Jerry stopped playing with the writer because ______.
the writer had changed
he has some jobs to do
3、
No one is glad to hear that his body has to be cut open by a surgeon(外科医生) and part of it taken out. Today, however, we needn’t worry about feeling of pain during the operation. The sick person falls into a kind of sleep, and when he awakes, the operation is finished. But these happy conditions are fairly new. It is not many years since a man who had to have an operation felt all his pain.

Long ago, operation had usually to be done while the sick man could feel everything. The sick man had to be held down on a table by force while the doctors did their best for him. He could feel all the pain if his leg or arm was being cut off, and his fearful cries filled the room and the hearts of those who watched.

Soon after 1770, Joseph Priestley discovered a gas which is now called “laughing gas”. Laughing gas became known in America. Young men and women went to parties to try it. Most of them spent their time laughing, but one man at a party, Horace Wells, noticed that people didn’t seem to feel pain when they were using this gas. He decided to make an experiment on himself. He asked a friend to help him.

Wells took some of the gas, and his friend pulled out one of Well’s teeth. Wells felt no pain at all.

As he didn’t know enough about laughing gas, he gave a man less gas than he should have. The man cried out with pain when his tooth was being pulled out.

Wells tried again, but this time he gave too much of the gas, and the man died. Wells never forgot this terrible event.

1、It is _______ since a man being operated felt all the pain
a few more years
not long
few years
two thousand years
2、Long ago, when the sick man was operated on,he ________.
could feel nothing
could not want anything
could feel all the pain
could do anything
3、Using the laughing gas, the people did not seem to ________.  
be afraid of anything
feel pain
want to go to the parties
be ill
4、If a man took less laughing gas than he should have when an operation went on, he ________
felt nothing
felt very comfortable
still felt pain
would die
5、One who took too much of the laughing gas ________.
would laugh all the time
would die
would never feel pain
would be very calm
4、
It was Monday. Mrs. Smith’s dog was hungry, but there was not any meat in the house. Mrs. Smith took a piece of paper, and wrote the following words on it: “Give my dog half a pound of meat.” Then she gave the paper to her dog and said gently: “Take this to the butcher and he’s going to give you your lunch today.” Holding the piece of paper in its mouth, the dog ran to the butcher’s. It gave the paper to the butcher. The butcher read it carefully, recognized that it was really the lady’s handwriting and soon did it as he was asked to. The dog was very happy, and ate the meat up at once. At noon, the dog came to the shop again. It gave the butcher a piece of paper again. After reading it, he gave it half a pound of meat once more. The next day, the dog came again exactly at noon still with a piece of paper in the mouth. This time, the butcher did not take a look at paper, and gave the dog its meat, for he had regarded the dog as one of his customers. But, the dog came again at four o’clock. And the same thing happened once again. To the butcher’s more surprise, it came for the third time at six o’clock, and brought with it a third piece of paper. The butcher felt a bit puzzled. He said to himself, “This is a small dog. Why does Mrs. Smith give it so much meat to eat today? ” Looking at the piece of paper, he found that there were not any words on it!

1、Mrs. Smith treated her little dog quite _________.
cruelly
fairly
kindly
heavily
2、The dog seemed to know that the paper Mrs. Smith gave it ________.
could do much good
might do much harm
would help the butcher
was worth many pounds
3、The butcher did not give any meat to the dog ________.
before he felt sure that the words were really written by Mrs. Smith
when he found that the words on the paper were not clear
because he had sold out all the meat in his shop
until he was paid enough by Mrs. Smith
4、The dog always went to the butcher’s with a piece of paper, because it found that ________.

the paper only with Mrs. Smith’s words could bring it meat
the butcher would give the meat to it whenever he saw it
Mrs. Smith would pay for the meat it got from the butcher
a piece of paper could bring it half a pound of meat
5、At the end of the story, you’ll find that ________.  
the butcher found himself cheated by the clever animal
the dog dared not go to the butcher’s any more
Mrs. Smith told the butcher not to give any meat to the dog
the dog was clever enough to write on the paper
5、
If you’ve been joining in chat room conversations, or trading e-mail with net pals, you have become one of the millions who write in a special, short form of English.

Throughout the world, every night children and their elders are “talking” online ─ many of them are talking at the same time.

It’s fast: trying talking to six people once. It’s convenient: three or four words per exchange. It takes cleverness, concentration and quick fingers.

And it requires very simple language. There’s neither time nor space for explanations. Why waste precious time telling six friends you have to leave for a moment to take care of your little brother when BRB (=be right back) will do?

Want to enter a conversation? Just type PMFJI (=pardon me for jumping in).

Interested in whom you’re talking to? Type A/S/L, the common request to know your pal’s age, sex and location. You may get 15/M/NY as a reply from your pal.

If something makes you laugh, say you’re OTF (=on the floor), or LOL (=laughing out loud), or join the two into ROTFL (=rolling on the floor laughing).

And when it’s time to get back to work or go to bed, you type GTG (=got to go) or TTYL (=talk to you later).

People want to write as fast as possible, and they want to get their ideas across as quickly as they can. Capital letters are left in the dust, except when expressing feeling, as it takes more time to hold down the “shift” key and use capitals. Punctuation is going too.

1、When people are online, they talk by ______.
using body language
drawing some strange pictures
making phone calls
making use of an especially short form of English
2、The Internet makes many people in the world ______.
talking at the same time
discover their friends and relatives
pick out good things to buy
find out about some problems in society
3、The sentence “There’s neither time nor space for explanations” means that ______.
people should use words properly
people should know what time it is when they are talking
people online have to express themselves in a simple way
people should communicate in a funny way
4、If you get 19/M/HK as an answer to your A/S/L, it means ______.
the person who is talking to you is 19 from Hong Kong and he is high
you are talking to a boy 19 years old and he lives in Hong Kong
you are talking to 19 boys from Hong Kong at the same time
the boy from Hong Kong has been online for 19 minutes
5、Which of the following is a way to save online time?   
People seldom use capital letters or punctuation marks.
Many people draw pictures.
People only use the mouse instead of the keyboard.
People never use the “shift” key.
6、
One day in 1965, when I was a library worker at school, a teacher came to me. She had a student who finished his work before all the others and needed something more difficult for him to do. “Could you help me in the library?” she asked. I said, “Send him along.”

Soon, a golden-haired boy appeared. “Do you have a job for me?” he asked. I told him about a system for sorting books. He picked up the idea immediately. Then I showed him some cards for some unreturned books that I thought had been returned but not recorded. Maybe some books were put on wrong places. He said, “Is it a kind of a detective(侦探)job?” I answered yes, and then began his work.

He had found three books with wrong cards by the time his teacher opened the door and said, “Time for rest!” he argued for finishing the finding job, but the teacher won.

The next morning, he arrived early, “I want to finish these books,” he said. At the end of the day, when he asked to work with me more often, it was easy for me to say yes.

After a few weeks I found a note on my desk, inviting me to dinner at the boy’s home. At the end of a pleasant evening, his mother declared that the family would be moving to another school. Her son’s first concern, she said, was leaving the library. “Who will find the lost books?” he asked. When the time came, it was hard to say goodbye. Though at the beginning he had seemed an ordinary boy, his strong feeling of interest had made him different.

Do you know who he is? This boy became a great man of the Information Age: Bill Gates.

1、Why did the teacher go to the library to find a job for Bill Gates?
Because the teacher found the librarian quite busy.
Because Bill Gates wanted to find a job
Because Bill Gates finished his study quickly and had more free time than the others.
Because the library needed a new worker.
2、What do you know from the passage?
Library work was very difficult for Bill Gates.
Bill Gates did his job without any difficulty.
The librarian was too busy to have a rest.
His mother hoped that Bill Gates would stay for his job.
3、The sentence “He picked up the idea immediately” means that ______.
he learned that system quickly
he collected that system quickly
he lifted up that system quickly
he improved that system quickly
4、What was Bill Gates expected to do in the library?
Finding the lost cards.
Learning the system.
Helping the worker with everything in the library.
Finding books with wrong cards.
5、How did Bill Gates feel when his family would move to another school area?
Sad.
Pleasant.
Worried.
Interested.
7、
A young man who lived in London was in love with a beautiful girl. Soon she became his fiancée(未婚妻). The man was very poor while the girl was rich. The young man wanted to make her a present on her birthday. He wanted to buy something beautiful for her, but he had no idea how to do it, as he had very little money. The next morning he went to a shop. There were many fine things there: gold watches, diamond… but all these things were too expensive. There was one thing he could not take his eyes off. It was a beautiful vase. That was a suitable present for his fiancée. He had been looking at the vase for half an hour when the manager of the shop noticed him. The young man looked so pale, sad and unhappy that the manager asked what had happened to him.

The young man told him everything. The manager felt sorry for him and decided to help him. A bright idea struck him. The manager pointed to the corner of the shop. To his great surprise the young man saw a vase broken into many pieces. The manager said: “When the servant enters the room, he will drop it.”

On the birthday of his fiancée the young man was very excited.

Everything happened as had been planned. The servant brought in the vase, and as he entered the room, he dropped it. There was horror on everybody’s face. When the box was opened, the guests saw that each piece was packed separately.

1、The story took place ______.
in France
in England
in Germany
in the United States
2、Which of the following is true?
The young man’s family was poor while the beautiful girl is rich.
A rich young man fell in love with a beautiful girl.
The young man loved the girl but the girl didn’t love him
The young man had enough money to buy a beautiful vase.
3、Why did the young man want to buy a present for the girl?
He wanted to give her a Christmas present.
He fell in love with her.
Her birthday was coming soon.
They were going to get married.
4、Why did the shop manager come to talk to the young man?
He looked very excited.
He looked pale and sad.
He was poorly dressed.
He said he wanted to buy a beautiful vase.
5、On the birthday of his fiancée, the young man was excited because ______.
the girl was in love with him
the girl looked beautiful
the girl was happy and gay
he was not sure whether his trick would be seen through
8、
After having lived for over twenty years in the same district, Albert Hall was forced to move to a new neighborhood. He surprised his landlord by telling him that he was leaving because he could not afford to buy any more chocolate.

It all began a year ago when Albert Hall returned home one evening and found a large dog in front of his gate. He was very fond of animals and as he happened to have a small piece of chocolate in his pocket, he gave it to the dog. The next day, the dog was there again. It held up its paws(爪子)and received another piece of chocolate as a reward. Albert called his new friend “Bingo”. He never found out the dog’s real name, nor who his owner was. However, Bingo appeared regularly every afternoon and it was quite clear that he liked chocolate more than bones. He soon grew dissatisfied with small pieces of chocolate and demanded a large bar a day. If at any time Albert couldn’t give it, Bingo got very angry and refused to let him open the gate. Albert was now at Bingo’s mercy and had to “buy him” to get into his own house! He spent such a large part of his week’s wage to keep Bingo supplied with chocolate that in the end he had to move somewhere else.

1、Albert had been living in the same district for ______
many weeks
under twenty years
all his life
more than twenty years
2、Albert decided to move because ______.
he didn’t get along well with his landlord
he was afraid of animals, especially dogs
he couldn’t get into his own house
he was not satisfied with that district
3、Bingo waited for Albert every afternoon at the gate because ______.
he wanted some bones
he wanted the chocolate
he liked Albert
he had no other place to go
4、We can tell from the story that ______.
Albert could afford to buy a large bar of chocolate for Bingo every day
Albert didn’t like animals any more from then on
all dogs are excessive
it took Albert too much money to buy chocolate for Bingo
5、Albert had to “buy him” means ______.  
Albert had to embrace him
Albert had to drive him away
Albert had to give him chocolate
Albert had to call the police to take him away
9、
Down the entrance hall of the school walk four eighth-grade students. Each one is carrying a small basket with a single egg inside. Soon more students join them-each one of them is also carrying a basket with an egg. The eggs in a basket are part of a new school program that helps young people understand that having a baby is a great duty.

At the beginning of the program, the teacher puts the students in pairs-one girl and one boy. Each pair gets an egg, which they must take care of for two weeks. For those fourteen days, the students have to take care of the eggs as though they were real babies. Students whose eggs get broken have to start the two weeks all over again with a new egg.

One person in each pair must have the egg with him or her at all times-twenty-four hours a day. At no time can they let the egg be out of sight. “If a teacher catches you without your egg,” said one student, “she makes you go get it. They are really strict.” The teachers also make the students spend half an hour each day sitting with the egg and just watching it. That can get pretty boring. But it’s also something that parents spend a lot of time doing.

Children say that the program has helped them understand the duties involved in having a child. “It was really hard,” said one student, “You had to think all the time about the egg.”

1、The purpose of the program is to help students grasp the idea of ______.
carrying a basket with an egg
bringing up a baby
laying eggs
studying hard at school
2、At the beginning, ______.
only one student joined the program
four students in all were interested in the program
eight students became members of the program
more students than teachers liked the program
3、In the third line of Paragraph 2, “they” refers to ______.
teachers
students
eggs
programs
4、Why should the students in the program spend half an hour each day sitting with an egg and just watching it?
Because it is very boring to have the egg with them at all times
Because the teachers in this program are very strict
Because only in this way can students understand parents in taking care of children
Because if students do not do it, they will fail in the examination.
5、From the last paragraph, we can infer that ______.
a program is the only way to educate children
one has to think about a program all the time
only one child grasps the purpose of the program
the program is of help to children’s understanding of parents
10、
China’s former volleyball star Lang Ping has been invited to coach the US women’s national team for the Beijing 2008 Olympics. But China’s sports media said the offer would be difficult to accept. Lang, who is presently coaching a club team in Italy’s professional volleyball league, told sina.com that she was considering the offer by the US Volleyball Association. “Right now I’m still considering their offer but I will answer them soon,” Lang said. “If I don’t take the job, I have to give them enough time to find someone else.”

Lang, 45,won Olympic gold in 1984. She later coached the Chinese women to silver at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics and the 1998 World Championships. She has also coached at New Mexico University in the United States where her daughter was born and lives.

The reaction in the Chinese media to Lang’s job offer was swift and strong. Many say that if she takes the job it would be a direct challenge to China’s goal of winning the women’s volleyball medal at the Beijing Games. “As an unusual player and a spiritual leader of Chinese volleyball, Lang Ping’s influence over China far exceeds(超越)that of an ordinary player,” says the China Olympic Committee website.

“If Lang stands with the opponents(对手)during women’s volleyball matches, you can be assured that this will be difficult to accept for the new Chinese players, difficult for coach Chen Zhonghe, who was once her assistant, and difficult for all Chinese watching on television,” the site continued.

1、According to the text, if Lang Ping stands with the opponents during women’s volleyball matches, who will most probably have trouble?
The Chinese audience.
Our women’s volleyball team
Beijing 2008 Olympics.
Chinese former players.
2、When reporting the news, the author seemed to be a little _______.
angry
surprised
shocked
worried
3、Sina.com website is openly against Lang Ping’s offer, isn’t it?
Yes, it is true
No, it is not necessarily.
The author does not say.
None of the above.
4、According to this passage, Lang Ping is _______ at present
a volleyball player
a club coach
an unusual player
an assistant
5、From the text, we can learn _______.
Lang Ping has accepted the offer
Chen Zhonghe has got into trouble
all of the Chinese media support Lang Ping
Lang Ping is thinking the US offer over
1、
People today all over the world are beginning to hear and learn more and more about the problem of pollution. Pollution is caused either by the release of completely new and often man-made substances(物质) into the environment, or by releasing greatly increased amounts of a natural substance such as oil from oil tankers into the sea.

The whole industrial process, which makes many of the goods and machines we need and use in our daily lives, is bound to create a number of waste products which upset the environmental balance, or the ecological(生态的) balance as it is also known. Many of these waste products can be prevented or disposed of sensibly, but clearly while more and more new goods are produced and made complex, there will be new, dangerous wastes to be disposed of, for example, the waste products from nuclear power stations. Many people, therefore, see pollution as only part of a larger and more complex problem, that is, the whole process of industrial production and consumption of goods. Others again see the problem mainly in connection with agriculture, where new methods are helping farmers grow more and more on their land to feed our ever-increasing populations. However, the land itself is gradually becoming worn out as it is being used, in some cases, too heavily, and chemical fertilizers(肥料)cannot restore the balance.

1、The main cause of pollution is         .
the release of man-made and natural substances into the environment
the production of new industrial goods
increased amounts of a natural substance
our ever increasing population
2、The release of oil from oil tankers into the sea is ________.
the only source of pollution
a kind of pollution caused by the release of natural substances
of worldwide consequence
most harmful to mankind
3、What according to the passage will upset the environmental balance?
Waste products.
The whole industrial process.
Many of the goods.
Some machines we need and use in our daily life.
4、In the writer’s view, the more new goods, ________.
the less pollution we have
the harder pollution can be done away with
the more pollution there will be
the more easily pollution can be controlled
5、The waste products from nuclear power stations are ________.
new and complex
new and dangerous
hard to be disposed of
easy to be disposed of
2、
When I begin to look back on all friends whom I have had, I quickly came to the conclusion that Jerry was the most important and had the greatest effect upon my life. His family moved to my block when I was only 10. Jerry was 15 at the time, but the fact that he was so much older than me seemed to make no difference to him. I was very glad that he liked me. We took long walks together, on which he would tell me stories he had heard form TV and radio programs.

But as months went by, a change came into our friendship. Jerry almost stopped coming by the house, and every time I went to his house or telephoned, he put me off with some excuses such as “I’m studying now” or “I’ve got some jobs to do for Mum”. When we passed on the street, he would still give me a warm smile and friendly wave with a “Hi, kid”, but he would hardly ever stop to talk. Finally I realized that he was no longer interested in me and that his taste had changed. I noticed him with a girl once in a while and several times saw him going out in his family’s car on a Friday or Saturday night. I simply couldn’t understand what was so great about girls and parties.

But I was hurt when he finally made me know that our friendship was at an end. Of course he didn’t really mean to hurt me, but it was a long time before I realized that it was an age problem that caused the break. There were a world of differences between the ideas and interests of a 17-year-old and a 12-year-old. Now that I’m over sixteen myself, I realized this, and the hurt I got then has become happy memories of the good times we were once together. I wonder if millions of other boys and girls have had a similar experience.

1、When the writer and Jerry first met, Jerry was ______.
10 years old
5 years older than the writer
of the same age as the writer
the writer’s classmate
2、Their friendship lasted for ______.   
a few years
a few weeks
a few months
a few hours
2、The main idea of the passage is that ______.
the writer had changed
he has some jobs to do
2、When a change came in their friendship, the writer ______.
accepted it at once
couldn’t understand his friend for a long time
stopped visiting his friend
started going to parties with girls
5、Jerry stopped playing with the writer because ______.
the writer had changed
he has some jobs to do
3、
No one is glad to hear that his body has to be cut open by a surgeon(外科医生) and part of it taken out. Today, however, we needn’t worry about feeling of pain during the operation. The sick person falls into a kind of sleep, and when he awakes, the operation is finished. But these happy conditions are fairly new. It is not many years since a man who had to have an operation felt all his pain.

Long ago, operation had usually to be done while the sick man could feel everything. The sick man had to be held down on a table by force while the doctors did their best for him. He could feel all the pain if his leg or arm was being cut off, and his fearful cries filled the room and the hearts of those who watched.

Soon after 1770, Joseph Priestley discovered a gas which is now called “laughing gas”. Laughing gas became known in America. Young men and women went to parties to try it. Most of them spent their time laughing, but one man at a party, Horace Wells, noticed that people didn’t seem to feel pain when they were using this gas. He decided to make an experiment on himself. He asked a friend to help him.

Wells took some of the gas, and his friend pulled out one of Well’s teeth. Wells felt no pain at all.

As he didn’t know enough about laughing gas, he gave a man less gas than he should have. The man cried out with pain when his tooth was being pulled out.

Wells tried again, but this time he gave too much of the gas, and the man died. Wells never forgot this terrible event.

1、It is _______ since a man being operated felt all the pain
a few more years
not long
few years
two thousand years
2、Long ago, when the sick man was operated on,he ________.
could feel nothing
could not want anything
could feel all the pain
could do anything
3、Using the laughing gas, the people did not seem to ________.  
be afraid of anything
feel pain
want to go to the parties
be ill
4、If a man took less laughing gas than he should have when an operation went on, he ________
felt nothing
felt very comfortable
still felt pain
would die
5、One who took too much of the laughing gas ________.
would laugh all the time
would die
would never feel pain
would be very calm
4、
It was Monday. Mrs. Smith’s dog was hungry, but there was not any meat in the house. Mrs. Smith took a piece of paper, and wrote the following words on it: “Give my dog half a pound of meat.” Then she gave the paper to her dog and said gently: “Take this to the butcher and he’s going to give you your lunch today.” Holding the piece of paper in its mouth, the dog ran to the butcher’s. It gave the paper to the butcher. The butcher read it carefully, recognized that it was really the lady’s handwriting and soon did it as he was asked to. The dog was very happy, and ate the meat up at once. At noon, the dog came to the shop again. It gave the butcher a piece of paper again. After reading it, he gave it half a pound of meat once more. The next day, the dog came again exactly at noon still with a piece of paper in the mouth. This time, the butcher did not take a look at paper, and gave the dog its meat, for he had regarded the dog as one of his customers. But, the dog came again at four o’clock. And the same thing happened once again. To the butcher’s more surprise, it came for the third time at six o’clock, and brought with it a third piece of paper. The butcher felt a bit puzzled. He said to himself, “This is a small dog. Why does Mrs. Smith give it so much meat to eat today? ” Looking at the piece of paper, he found that there were not any words on it!

1、Mrs. Smith treated her little dog quite _________.
cruelly
fairly
kindly
heavily
2、The dog seemed to know that the paper Mrs. Smith gave it ________.
could do much good
might do much harm
would help the butcher
was worth many pounds
3、The butcher did not give any meat to the dog ________.
before he felt sure that the words were really written by Mrs. Smith
when he found that the words on the paper were not clear
because he had sold out all the meat in his shop
until he was paid enough by Mrs. Smith
4、The dog always went to the butcher’s with a piece of paper, because it found that ________.

the paper only with Mrs. Smith’s words could bring it meat
the butcher would give the meat to it whenever he saw it
Mrs. Smith would pay for the meat it got from the butcher
a piece of paper could bring it half a pound of meat
5、At the end of the story, you’ll find that ________.  
the butcher found himself cheated by the clever animal
the dog dared not go to the butcher’s any more
Mrs. Smith told the butcher not to give any meat to the dog
the dog was clever enough to write on the paper
5、
If you’ve been joining in chat room conversations, or trading e-mail with net pals, you have become one of the millions who write in a special, short form of English.

Throughout the world, every night children and their elders are “talking” online ─ many of them are talking at the same time.

It’s fast: trying talking to six people once. It’s convenient: three or four words per exchange. It takes cleverness, concentration and quick fingers.

And it requires very simple language. There’s neither time nor space for explanations. Why waste precious time telling six friends you have to leave for a moment to take care of your little brother when BRB (=be right back) will do?

Want to enter a conversation? Just type PMFJI (=pardon me for jumping in).

Interested in whom you’re talking to? Type A/S/L, the common request to know your pal’s age, sex and location. You may get 15/M/NY as a reply from your pal.

If something makes you laugh, say you’re OTF (=on the floor), or LOL (=laughing out loud), or join the two into ROTFL (=rolling on the floor laughing).

And when it’s time to get back to work or go to bed, you type GTG (=got to go) or TTYL (=talk to you later).

People want to write as fast as possible, and they want to get their ideas across as quickly as they can. Capital letters are left in the dust, except when expressing feeling, as it takes more time to hold down the “shift” key and use capitals. Punctuation is going too.

1、When people are online, they talk by ______.
using body language
drawing some strange pictures
making phone calls
making use of an especially short form of English
2、The Internet makes many people in the world ______.
talking at the same time
discover their friends and relatives
pick out good things to buy
find out about some problems in society
3、The sentence “There’s neither time nor space for explanations” means that ______.
people should use words properly
people should know what time it is when they are talking
people online have to express themselves in a simple way
people should communicate in a funny way
4、If you get 19/M/HK as an answer to your A/S/L, it means ______.
the person who is talking to you is 19 from Hong Kong and he is high
you are talking to a boy 19 years old and he lives in Hong Kong
you are talking to 19 boys from Hong Kong at the same time
the boy from Hong Kong has been online for 19 minutes
5、Which of the following is a way to save online time?   
People seldom use capital letters or punctuation marks.
Many people draw pictures.
People only use the mouse instead of the keyboard.
People never use the “shift” key.
6、
One day in 1965, when I was a library worker at school, a teacher came to me. She had a student who finished his work before all the others and needed something more difficult for him to do. “Could you help me in the library?” she asked. I said, “Send him along.”

Soon, a golden-haired boy appeared. “Do you have a job for me?” he asked. I told him about a system for sorting books. He picked up the idea immediately. Then I showed him some cards for some unreturned books that I thought had been returned but not recorded. Maybe some books were put on wrong places. He said, “Is it a kind of a detective(侦探)job?” I answered yes, and then began his work.

He had found three books with wrong cards by the time his teacher opened the door and said, “Time for rest!” he argued for finishing the finding job, but the teacher won.

The next morning, he arrived early, “I want to finish these books,” he said. At the end of the day, when he asked to work with me more often, it was easy for me to say yes.

After a few weeks I found a note on my desk, inviting me to dinner at the boy’s home. At the end of a pleasant evening, his mother declared that the family would be moving to another school. Her son’s first concern, she said, was leaving the library. “Who will find the lost books?” he asked. When the time came, it was hard to say goodbye. Though at the beginning he had seemed an ordinary boy, his strong feeling of interest had made him different.

Do you know who he is? This boy became a great man of the Information Age: Bill Gates.

1、Why did the teacher go to the library to find a job for Bill Gates?
Because the teacher found the librarian quite busy.
Because Bill Gates wanted to find a job
Because Bill Gates finished his study quickly and had more free time than the others.
Because the library needed a new worker.
2、What do you know from the passage?
Library work was very difficult for Bill Gates.
Bill Gates did his job without any difficulty.
The librarian was too busy to have a rest.
His mother hoped that Bill Gates would stay for his job.
3、The sentence “He picked up the idea immediately” means that ______.
he learned that system quickly
he collected that system quickly
he lifted up that system quickly
he improved that system quickly
4、What was Bill Gates expected to do in the library?
Finding the lost cards.
Learning the system.
Helping the worker with everything in the library.
Finding books with wrong cards.
5、How did Bill Gates feel when his family would move to another school area?
Sad.
Pleasant.
Worried.
Interested.
7、
A young man who lived in London was in love with a beautiful girl. Soon she became his fiancée(未婚妻). The man was very poor while the girl was rich. The young man wanted to make her a present on her birthday. He wanted to buy something beautiful for her, but he had no idea how to do it, as he had very little money. The next morning he went to a shop. There were many fine things there: gold watches, diamond… but all these things were too expensive. There was one thing he could not take his eyes off. It was a beautiful vase. That was a suitable present for his fiancée. He had been looking at the vase for half an hour when the manager of the shop noticed him. The young man looked so pale, sad and unhappy that the manager asked what had happened to him.

The young man told him everything. The manager felt sorry for him and decided to help him. A bright idea struck him. The manager pointed to the corner of the shop. To his great surprise the young man saw a vase broken into many pieces. The manager said: “When the servant enters the room, he will drop it.”

On the birthday of his fiancée the young man was very excited.

Everything happened as had been planned. The servant brought in the vase, and as he entered the room, he dropped it. There was horror on everybody’s face. When the box was opened, the guests saw that each piece was packed separately.

1、The story took place ______.
in France
in England
in Germany
in the United States
2、Which of the following is true?
The young man’s family was poor while the beautiful girl is rich.
A rich young man fell in love with a beautiful girl.
The young man loved the girl but the girl didn’t love him
The young man had enough money to buy a beautiful vase.
3、Why did the young man want to buy a present for the girl?
He wanted to give her a Christmas present.
He fell in love with her.
Her birthday was coming soon.
They were going to get married.
4、Why did the shop manager come to talk to the young man?
He looked very excited.
He looked pale and sad.
He was poorly dressed.
He said he wanted to buy a beautiful vase.
5、On the birthday of his fiancée, the young man was excited because ______.
the girl was in love with him
the girl looked beautiful
the girl was happy and gay
he was not sure whether his trick would be seen through
8、
After having lived for over twenty years in the same district, Albert Hall was forced to move to a new neighborhood. He surprised his landlord by telling him that he was leaving because he could not afford to buy any more chocolate.

It all began a year ago when Albert Hall returned home one evening and found a large dog in front of his gate. He was very fond of animals and as he happened to have a small piece of chocolate in his pocket, he gave it to the dog. The next day, the dog was there again. It held up its paws(爪子)and received another piece of chocolate as a reward. Albert called his new friend “Bingo”. He never found out the dog’s real name, nor who his owner was. However, Bingo appeared regularly every afternoon and it was quite clear that he liked chocolate more than bones. He soon grew dissatisfied with small pieces of chocolate and demanded a large bar a day. If at any time Albert couldn’t give it, Bingo got very angry and refused to let him open the gate. Albert was now at Bingo’s mercy and had to “buy him” to get into his own house! He spent such a large part of his week’s wage to keep Bingo supplied with chocolate that in the end he had to move somewhere else.

1、Albert had been living in the same district for ______
many weeks
under twenty years
all his life
more than twenty years
2、Albert decided to move because ______.
he didn’t get along well with his landlord
he was afraid of animals, especially dogs
he couldn’t get into his own house
he was not satisfied with that district
3、Bingo waited for Albert every afternoon at the gate because ______.
he wanted some bones
he wanted the chocolate
he liked Albert
he had no other place to go
4、We can tell from the story that ______.
Albert could afford to buy a large bar of chocolate for Bingo every day
Albert didn’t like animals any more from then on
all dogs are excessive
it took Albert too much money to buy chocolate for Bingo
5、Albert had to “buy him” means ______.  
Albert had to embrace him
Albert had to drive him away
Albert had to give him chocolate
Albert had to call the police to take him away
9、
Down the entrance hall of the school walk four eighth-grade students. Each one is carrying a small basket with a single egg inside. Soon more students join them-each one of them is also carrying a basket with an egg. The eggs in a basket are part of a new school program that helps young people understand that having a baby is a great duty.

At the beginning of the program, the teacher puts the students in pairs-one girl and one boy. Each pair gets an egg, which they must take care of for two weeks. For those fourteen days, the students have to take care of the eggs as though they were real babies. Students whose eggs get broken have to start the two weeks all over again with a new egg.

One person in each pair must have the egg with him or her at all times-twenty-four hours a day. At no time can they let the egg be out of sight. “If a teacher catches you without your egg,” said one student, “she makes you go get it. They are really strict.” The teachers also make the students spend half an hour each day sitting with the egg and just watching it. That can get pretty boring. But it’s also something that parents spend a lot of time doing.

Children say that the program has helped them understand the duties involved in having a child. “It was really hard,” said one student, “You had to think all the time about the egg.”

1、The purpose of the program is to help students grasp the idea of ______.
carrying a basket with an egg
bringing up a baby
laying eggs
studying hard at school
2、At the beginning, ______.
only one student joined the program
four students in all were interested in the program
eight students became members of the program
more students than teachers liked the program
3、In the third line of Paragraph 2, “they” refers to ______.
teachers
students
eggs
programs
4、Why should the students in the program spend half an hour each day sitting with an egg and just watching it?
Because it is very boring to have the egg with them at all times
Because the teachers in this program are very strict
Because only in this way can students understand parents in taking care of children
Because if students do not do it, they will fail in the examination.
5、From the last paragraph, we can infer that ______.
a program is the only way to educate children
one has to think about a program all the time
only one child grasps the purpose of the program
the program is of help to children’s understanding of parents
10、
China’s former volleyball star Lang Ping has been invited to coach the US women’s national team for the Beijing 2008 Olympics. But China’s sports media said the offer would be difficult to accept. Lang, who is presently coaching a club team in Italy’s professional volleyball league, told sina.com that she was considering the offer by the US Volleyball Association. “Right now I’m still considering their offer but I will answer them soon,” Lang said. “If I don’t take the job, I have to give them enough time to find someone else.”

Lang, 45,won Olympic gold in 1984. She later coached the Chinese women to silver at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics and the 1998 World Championships. She has also coached at New Mexico University in the United States where her daughter was born and lives.

The reaction in the Chinese media to Lang’s job offer was swift and strong. Many say that if she takes the job it would be a direct challenge to China’s goal of winning the women’s volleyball medal at the Beijing Games. “As an unusual player and a spiritual leader of Chinese volleyball, Lang Ping’s influence over China far exceeds(超越)that of an ordinary player,” says the China Olympic Committee website.

“If Lang stands with the opponents(对手)during women’s volleyball matches, you can be assured that this will be difficult to accept for the new Chinese players, difficult for coach Chen Zhonghe, who was once her assistant, and difficult for all Chinese watching on television,” the site continued.

1、According to the text, if Lang Ping stands with the opponents during women’s volleyball matches, who will most probably have trouble?
The Chinese audience.
Our women’s volleyball team
Beijing 2008 Olympics.
Chinese former players.
2、When reporting the news, the author seemed to be a little _______.
angry
surprised
shocked
worried
3、Sina.com website is openly against Lang Ping’s offer, isn’t it?
Yes, it is true
No, it is not necessarily.
The author does not say.
None of the above.
4、According to this passage, Lang Ping is _______ at present
a volleyball player
a club coach
an unusual player
an assistant
5、From the text, we can learn _______.